Sunday 29 September 2013

Bring on trimester 2!


 Week 12
Exhaustion, constipation, headaches, diarrhoea, nausea – you name it, I’ve had it. Never before did I realise how physically shattering and full of symptoms pregnancy could be. Just as I think how fortunate I am to be getting through the first trimester, gotten through my first scan with all looking positive, finally getting my appetite back – along comes a new lot of symptoms – headaches, irritability and stomach feeling like it’s about to burst. And going back to school for the start of term and toughing it out there sure does make it a little bit harder. Demanding little ones, excited and needy, while there’s me trying to battle out waves of nausea and sleepy eyes. Not to mention the paperwork demands, which have had me, like many teachers, racing to get it all done at lunchtimes, after school and then in the hours at home between making the dinner, fitting in my Pilates session and clambering into bed for a quick nap. I almost want to design a sort of bed that I can fit neatly under my desk, that I can quickly bring out at lunchtimes or after school whenever I feel the need for a light sleep. That would make life a bit easier. What happened to all of this energy I was meant to be getting back once the second trimester started? I’m not feeling the benefits of that yet! I have to ask hubby to start dinner and do the washing, because I’m just too shattered when I get home. Gone are the Friday night dancing and late nights – these days I’m ready for bed by 9 o’clock, much to my husband’s disappointment.
I guess I’ll just have to hold out a bit longer. Ride it out and remember that the worse I feel, the better the baby must feel. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment