Sunday 29 September 2013

Appetite's made a comeback!

Week 14

 Since getting my appetite back, I’ve been overjoyed with the novelty of being able to eat such a wider variety of food. For the first time in a while, I look forward to the prospect of food shopping on a Friday after work, taking in all the different food, looking at what looks nice or sniffing the freshly baked bread and actually enjoying it, whereas before the smell churned my stomach.
My latest craving is cheese and pickle sandwiches – on multi-seed bread. I just can’t get enough of them. That and an occasional love of peanut butter sandwiches – for some reason I just adore them. Or rather, the baby does. I can’t help what the baby wants to eat, can I. One night it was a big piece of battered cod  that I wanted – I just couldn’t get it out of my head. And when I ate it, it was the most scrumptious piece of cod I’d ever had. Next day, and a few weeks after that, I couldn’t even bear the thought of cod. The latest fad became hard boiled eggs with salad cream…then it was scrambled eggs with pasta. Then came hot cross buns.  Ah yes, the magic of toasted hot cross buns with a bit of butter. Next it was vegetarian burgers and jacket potatoes. But the current fad is cheese and pickle sandwiches – oh – and I started making my own soup. Sweet potato and butternut squash being my favourite at the moment. Everytime I get a sniff of it, I get this almost irresistible urge just to shove it all into my mouth and slurp it down. Erm, think I’d better remember my etiquette as a well-mannered lady…Who knows what I might want to chomp on next? I just count myself lucky that I haven’t been one of those women who’ve wanted to eat something completely random like slugs or bars of soap. Yet. But I’ll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment